Will my nipples even out? 500cc saline implants Under muscle Surgery performed 8/22/16. (photos)

Greetings: I had a breast augmentation procedure on 8/22/16. My procedure and recovery process have been awesome! I am now 6 weeks post op and I feel great! My only concern is how uneven my nipples are. I know breast augmentation will not correct u even nipples, I would've had to have a breast lift for that however it seems the unevenness has become more prominent post op. Immediately after surgery my left breast was significantly higher and more swollen, is there still swelling to go down?

Asymmetry of nipples- More prominent after BAM

Greetings to you too newbubbies

The short answer is that they may even out some over time-up to a year.  You have significant asymmetry, including of implant position with the right being higher, but this should even out over time, and with it, the nipple should come up a bit.

The right nipple is not only lower, it appears that the areola is larger as well.  Your statement is correct-if you want to correct asymmetry, you will need a lift.  On side views, your nipples are low and aesthetically, could benefit from a lift.  However, your result is still very nice.

Nipple concerns after Breast implants

Thank you for your question. Your nipples may not change. It will be helpful to see pre op pictures. It will about 4-6 months before the final outcome. You may still have some swelling at this moment.

Breast implants - will they become more symmetric

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Yes - there is still swelling to go down and your final result won't be visible for another 4 - 5 months.
  • It isn't clear from the photos if the implant on the breast with the drooping nipple has settled.
  • Feel under that breast - if the implant has filled it out, then it has settled.
  • If all you can feel is breast tissue, it has not settled and things should improve.
  • If it has settled, the nipple position may not improve -
  • Let your surgeon know your concern and see what s/he expects over the next months.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photos. Your breast implants seem to be positioned symmetrically and the areolas are asymmetric on their own so I wouldn't expect this arrangement to change as your implants continue to soften & settle. Discuss your concerns and expectations with your Plastic Surgeon as you continue to heal.

All the best

Uneven

Your are still early in your healing process and need to give yourself time for the swelling to subside, the tissues relax, and the implants settle. You have two different breasts which may not heal at exactly the same rate. Please follow all your surgeon's instructions. Please discuss any concerns you have with your surgeon. Congratulation on your new look!

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Recovery

Hang in there! As long as the shape and feel are improving week to week, however slowly, there is still hope for the final outcome. Ask your plastic surgeon if there are any compression garments, stretches or massaging exercises that can help speed your recovery.

BREAST AUGMENTATION and UNEVEN NIPPLES

Thank you for your question and for the photos. In order to be able to advice adequately on the possible further improvement of the position of the nipples, I would need to see the pre-operative photos. In principle, if the position of the nipples was as uneven before as it is now, than an improvement has not to be expected. If however, the position of the nipples was more even before surgery, than the current position might be due 1. to the residual swelling which is likely to take up to 3 months to settle 2. to the placement of one of the implants slightly higher then the other. My advice would be to wait a few more weeks and then to contact your surgeon for a follow up. 

All the best.

Andrea Marando

Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon - Manchester UK

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon