I've been trying to lose weight and tighting my mid-section; do you think I need a tummy tuck? (Photo)

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and photo.  By looking at your photo, you look like you could be a great candidate for a tummy tuck. It is not uncommon for men or women that lose a great deal of weight to consider the tummy tuck.  With the tummy tuck a lot of excess skin is removed as well as tightening the underlying muscle. Liposuction could be performed at the same time to give an even greater result.  Liposuction alone would not address the skin or the muscle, it would only deflate the area. Please schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your goals. Good luck!

Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question! I would seek a board certified plastic surgeon and have a consultation.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certifed Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Hi Luv2plumb,

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you have submitted it looks as if you would be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck. I suggest you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options and goals. Best of luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question based on the pictures you posted looks like are a good candidate for an extended tummy tuck to remove excess skin from the sides to be able to achieve  your goal, please consult with a board certified PS.

Kenneth Hughes, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA.

I've been trying to lose weight and tighting my mid-section; do you think I need a tummy tuck

There are no exercises that will tighten your abdominal skin. I think for your skin to tighten, you will need surgery, but I would get to about 5 pounds from the weight you will stay at before proceeding with it.

Julio Garcia, MD

Do you think I need a tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  It does appear that you have some skin laxity and skin excess along your stomach and sides.  If this does not tighten with diet and exercise a tummy tuck would be needed to surgically remove this tissue in order to leave you with a flatter, more toned appearance.  Liposuction done at the same time would further enhance your stomach results.  Hope this helps.

I've been trying to lose weight and tighting my mid-section; do you think I need a tummy tuck?

Based on your photos but without an examination, you appear to be a good candidate for excess skin removal, following the weight loss, and liposuction of selective areas. It is difficult to tell whether in fact you are a good candidate for those procedures and whether you would also benefit from abdominal wall muscle tightening, which can be performed at the same time, without a physical examination and complete medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, desired outcome, motivation, and realistic expectations. Exercise and further weight loss alone, while beneficial for overall health,  will not achieve your desired cosmetic outcome

The best long term cosmetic results with the least likelihood of potential complications are achieved in patients who weigh within 10 pounds of their ideal weight.

If a member of my family underwent these procedures, they would be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. If you are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any procedure.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for the question and photo.  Based on the photo, you look like you may have excess skin.  This is not uncommon for some people who lose weight.  A tummy tuck can be able to remove the excess skin and fat from your abdomen area but it's hard to say for sure if need one.  Liposuction removes only removes the fat from your abdomen but does not take care of the excess skin.  Best to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full evaluation for your concerns.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS