Do you have to lose weight for a BBL and lipo? I'm 5'4", about 220 pounds

Based on your BMI is to high. Your first step with the information given should be to loose weight in order to be at good BMI so that you are healthy for a procedure.Your bmi is at 37.8 and you should be at 32 . You need to loose a little bit of weight and you should be fine. Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer. Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Do i have to lose weight for a BBL?

Thank you for your question. You show a high BMI, in this case it is recommended that you lose weight until you reach an stable and ideal body weight with a BMI of 30 or less.  Many patients struggle to achieve their optimal weight despite diet and exercise. However, to reduce your risks during surgery and ensure optimal results it's important to maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet to prepare for surgery. The closer you are to your ideal weight before surgery the better your result will be. We advise patients to have a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise prior to Brazilian Butt Lift.  We also advise no smoking for at least a month before and after surgery. The most important thing is to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.
For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon