How long is the tummy tuck procedure?

Tummy Tuck Procedure Length

Dear bethrude,

Two hours. This includes full muscle tightening/plication and skin tightening. If liposuction is added to the hips, figure another half hour.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Duration of a Tummy Tuck procedure

Hi Thank you for your question. Depending on the type of tummy tuck surgery. Generally it last for 3-4 hours.

Boonchai Taweerattanasil, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon

How long is tummy tuck surgery.

Thank you for your question. Tummy tuck surgery typically takes 2-3 hours depending upon a number of factors such as preoperative body weight, the amount of skin to be removed, and whether liposuction is being used. The greatest care and attention is directed at the skin closure to make sure the incision heals well and looks great.
Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area if you are considering a Tummy tuck.

Best Wishes,

Tummy tuck procedure length

Thank you for your question.  The procedure length for a tummy tuck really depends on how the techniques used.  The average tummy tuck will take 2 to 2.5 hours which includes rectus plication and progressive tension sutures.  Not all surgeons perform these portions of the procedure and may therefore have shorter operating room times....but at a "cost" to the patient in the form of results.  Be sure to discuss these issues with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Length of Procedure

Thank you for your question. Abdominoplasty, also known as a tummy tuck, is a surgical procedure to remove skin and fat from the abdomen and to tighten the underlying muscles of the abdominal wall. The hours of a tummy tuck in surgery depends upon the size of the abdomen. The average tummy tuck takes approximately 2-3 hours.  If a patient wants liposuction in addition to the tummy tuck it may take an addition 1 hour. Larger panniculectomies can take 3-4 hours depending upon the amount of skin to be removed. Hope this answer was helpful best of luck on your search. 

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

How long is the Tummy tuck

Thank you fro your question. Usually TT takes about3-4 hrs. It varies from person to person depending on the how much tissue handling needed. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Tummy tuck

Tummy tucks average around 2-4 hours depending on the size of the patient, amount of skin needing removed and whether muscle repair is included. When I perform a tummy tuck, I remove the loose skin but cutting it off and creating a thin scar line below the pubic area. I also tighten the diastasis rectus muscle which brings in the waist. For larger patients, I may add liposuction to remove excess fat deposits and provide a nice flat, smooth abdomen. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Surgery time for tummy tuck procedure

Usually the length of surgery time for a standard tummy tuck or abdominoplasty procedure is 3 hours. Many of my patients also decide to add liposuction of the flanks (along the sides and back) so that they regain more of the curve in their figure for a more defined waistline. This adds another half hour or so. Recovery is typically an hour long and you can go home that day. This is one of the most popular procedures in my practice and women are very happy with the results.

How long is the tummy tuck procedure

An average tummy tuck procedure takes about 3 hours to complete. Keep in mind some can take less time and some can take more time. It all depends on what is involved, such as amount of skin to be removed, whether or not a muscle repair is being performed, and if any other procedures such as lipo have been added. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

How long is the tummy tuck procedure?

Thank you for the question.  Duration of surgery will vary from one practice to another. The standard tummy tuck operation in my practice takes about 3 hours to perform on average. The extended tummy tuck on average takes about 4 hours to perform.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps.