Liposuction of abdomen, why has my fat traveled down south? (Photo)

I'm 9 days post-op and had liposuction of abdomen, flanks, and full back. I wear a compression garment, but it has gotten to big. Today I wore a waist cincher vest to work for only 4 hours. As soon as I get off work I took the vest off and noticed that vagina area has gotten swollen. How do I fix this? Will it go away? After 30 minutes without the garment, I started to get sharp pain in that pubic area. the pain is unbearable? what is this pain?

Liposuction - swollen in private area now

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • At nine days after surgery, you are still very swollen.
  • The tighter the garment, the more it pushes swelling into other areas.
  • I suggest you contact your surgeon about the pain and discuss a differernt compression garment since your present one sounds as though it is too tight.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Correct Compression

It is important that your putting enough compression with a body suite garment. The cincher vest is not recommended. I recommend that you get a body suite that goes up to your knees that way your compressing your core and pubic area. Wear it from 8am to 8pm. Make sure in nice and compressed, it can not be loose nor too tight. Compression after Lipo is key!!! Arnika capsules help you tremendously with the swelling and bruising.

Paul C. Dillon, MD

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

If you wanted a hi def result I suggest a 4D contouring physician in the mean time you need massage, hyperbaric oxygen, and RF treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.