33 years old, 1 child. I am happy with my body but I know I can look better. What is the first step I should take? (Photo)

N need help. What are the prices. . I do work out when ever I can but I work nights so if am tried am not making it to the gym. I want to know how do I go about in improving the way my body looks. My 30s is so far my best years now. What can I do where can I go. Stepso and prices

Consider a Mommy Makeover

You could benefit from a Mommy Makeover procedure that is mix and match to fit your needs. Based on your photos, I would recommend liposuction on your back and abdomen to get rid of the rolls, but the rest depends on your goals. You could get a tummy tuck to tighten the abdomen area (post liposuction) or even a breast lift to return your breasts to a more youthful position on your chest. I highly recommend booking a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to further discuss your case. Best of luck.

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

33 years old, 1 child. I am happy with my body but I know I can look better. What is the first step I should take?

This just comes down to what bothers you.  Back fat can be improved.  Do you want your tummy contoured?  Do you want anything done to your breasts?

Steps to improve your body

Thank you for your question.  It is nice to hear that you are already happy with your body, which is a very healthy attitude.  If you do want to consider a few procedures you could start with some preliminary reading online on forums like this to get a sense of the outcomes, then seeking a proper consultation with a local experienced surgeon.

William Andrade, MD

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for the question and pictures. Generally speaking, pregnancy can take a toll on a women's body. In order to help reverse some of the effects of child bearing, many women choose to have a "mommy makeover". A mommy makeover can involve ANY of the areas affected by pregnancy:  most commonly a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and breast augmentation and/or lift (mastopexy).  Other commonly requested surgical procedures include liposuction surgery and/or genitalia surgery.   

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.

***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.    

Working together (with your carefully selected plastic surgeon), you will come up with the best plan to achieve your goals. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to mommy makeover surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.  

Mommy Makeover - Am I A Candidate? Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction of the hips and flanks. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Steven J. Rottman, MD, FACS

About the Mommy Makeover and the Ideal Candidate

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 
Many procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged  #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations. 

The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. All surgical #procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Also, another element to a #satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.

Dr. Derby Sang caputo

thank you for your question and your photos.

Tummy tuck combined with a lipo, step one would be contouring, mold your body figure. After that you could see how your feel about all the rest like a breast lift with or without implants, BBl, etc.. in case you already know what you want you could combine all procedures together. Prices vary depending on where you have your surgery done and with who. I suggest you to contact a Board certified PS and go over all your concerns.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  The first step in any contouring procedure is to reach your desired goal weight.  This weight should be one where you are comfortable at, and can maintain, as weight fluctuations will affect your long-term results.  Any weight loss before surgery will not only be in your best interest from a safety point of view, but also in obtaining the best cosmetic results.  Once stable at your weight than you can look into addressing the areas that are most concerning too you with either liposuction to reduce areas of diet-resistant fat, such as your waist and back or a more formal tummy tuck procedure.  Hope this helps.

Body contouring procedures

There are many choices when it comes to body contouring.  Some are surgical and some are non surgical.  Cost, down time, scars, expectations and the surgeon's experience all figure in to the final decision.  Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in body contouring procedures to assure the best possible outcome.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

First step to take

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS