Do I have gynecomastia? (photos)

I do have belly fat, I'm not skinny. But I'm not sure I have this fat falling alittle.. It's not allot. But still, is there a specialist out there that can tell? Thank you.

About Gynecomastia and the Treatment Options

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.  About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. it is crucial you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Do I have Gynecomastia?

It is difficult to say based on your pictures, however it does seem that you have some Gynecomastia. Please make an appointment with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who can examine you and give you a proper diagnosis. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question in pictures regarding gynecomastia. Physical examination, ultrasound for MRI would be ideal to confirm the diagnosis. However, without physical examination, it appears from your history and your pictures that you do indeed have Type 1 or Type II gynecomastia.

Treatment is relatively straightforward. I would suggest VASER liposuction. The male breast reduction procedure can be performed under local, IV sedation, or general anesthesia. For VASER liposuction, a small incision is made in the armpit. The incision is the size of a pencil eraser. Tumescent fluid is injected. The tumescent fluid helps to maximize liposuction results, minimize pain, and minimize blood loss. After the tumescent fluid is allowed to sit and reach maximum effect, the VASER liposuction machine is used. The VASER liposuction machine is particularly useful in the removal of male breast glandular tissue. The VASER helps to break up and melt male breast glandular tissue. The VASER liposuction technique is superior to traditional liposuction in the removal of male breast glandular tissue. Often, the VASER prevents having to make an incision to resect glandular tissue.

During the gynecomastia surgery, the male breast glandular tissue, male breast fat, and tumescent fluid are removed with VASER liposuction. The armpit incision is closed with several interrupted sutures. The male breast reduction surgery for gynecomastia is performed as an outpatient surgery. After two weeks, the armpit sutures fall out. You will have to wear compression garment for 4 to 6 weeks. Results may take 6 to 8 weeks to be visible.

Good luck. If you have any further questions guarding gynecomastia or the surgical treatment at gynecomastia, please contact my office.

Sincerely, Dr. Katzen.

Gynecomastia

Based on the pictures you submitted, your breasts do appear somewhat enlarged. Obtain a consultation with a  board certified plastic surgeon in your area for an evaluation and discussion of treatment options.

Gynecomastia

From the pictures, it looks like there is some excess tissue in your breasts. It is a combination of fat and glandular tissue and can be determined by an exam.  It does not really matter exactly what your breasts consist of; if you believe that your chest is too big, and you would like it smaller, you can benefit from a correction and reduction.  To me that is the definition of gynecomastia.  Find an experienced board certified plastic surgeon nearby and go have a consult.

Gynecomastia

There are three elements to Gynecomastia
1: enlarged breast tissue

2: increased amount of fat
3: combination of both
The patient is bothered by the condition.
Diagnosis of enlarged breast tissue can be only made by in person physical examination

Gynecomastia

If you do have gynecomastia, it is very subtle and may not be worth doing anything about. Being examined by a board certified plastic surgeon is the best way to take a feel and see if there is firmness there that can be safely removed. Good luck!

Jeffrey Gusenoff, MD
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon