Can I have a Flatter stomach at 50 y/o, I'm 5/4 in height and 185 lbs I lost 40lbs and have been keeping it off. (photos)

How much down time will I need, what are my chances of infection, I work my job is desk work at this time

Flatter abs?

For the best results you should lower your BMI to 29 or lower for safe abdominoplasty surgery. You would also need liposuction of the back and flanks. You may need about 2 weeks off from your duties at work. 
Good luck. 
DrBurnett#realself100

Consider a tummy Tuck

I think you would have a great outcome from a full tummy tuck (abdominoplasty).  This is a great procedure to remove excess skin after weight loss and tighten the abdominal muscles.  You will end up with a horizontal scar from hip to hip low on your abdomen (generally covered by underwear).  I recommend giving yourself 1-2 weeks to recover. Best of luck!

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Full tummy tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and flanks would address your areas of concern. If you can get your weight as low as possible before surgery, the risks of healing from a tummy tuck will go down significantly. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. For a desk job, you should be fine to return to work in 7-10 days. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo

Thank you for your question. Your the perfect candidate for a tummy tuck. How ever with that comes down time and scarring. I would like to suggest Smart Lipo Suction. My patients are achieving their bathing suit bodies without the down time .This lipo technique is unlike any other causing the skin to shrink wrap back. It lifts and tightens.

Mrudangi S Thakur, MD
White Plains Plastic Surgeon

Stomach Improvement

Definitely, you can have a better shape to your stomach with a tummy tuck. It is great that you lost weight and this will lessen complications and make healing better. Also, it makes the surgery easier to performance and safer. This is an extensive procedure and most women should expect a recovery that can last up to 4 weeks. Some patients are doing limited activity before then and could work at a desk. 

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Can I have a Flatter stomach at 50 y/o, I'm 5/4 in height and 185 lbs I lost 40lbs and have been keeping it off

Thank you for your question. Full tummy tuck with some liposuction will give optimal results. Please consult with a board certified PS evaluation and to discuss your concerns.

Can I have a Flatter stomach at 50 y/o, I'm 5/4 in height and 185 lbs I lost 40lbs and have been keeping it off.

Congratulations on losing the weight. You are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation. Good luck

#weightloss #downtime #tummytuck

From your photos you appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  The length of the scar may need to be extended to incorporate your hip area to allow for a smooth contour through and along your sides. An exam from a board certified PS familiar with post weight loss surgery is recommended.
Your chances of infection are mainly related to any medical issues: history of diabetes, smoking, etc.  I normally will let a patient go back to a desk job at around 10-14 days with lifting and exercise restrictions that last 6-8 weeks.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck expectations

Yes, at  50, with the laxity demonstrated in your photos, I believe that you would be a very good candidate for tummy tuck surgery.  The chance of infection is very low and if it occurs, is usually a very limited problem.  My patients take about 10 days off from a desk job for their recovery and will be able to return to more vigourous activities in about a month.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on the weight loss! I think that you are a candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. If you are able to lose some more weight, your results would be even better. Good luck!