Confused between smooth round and textured. Any suggestions?

I've been reading so many reviews on here between smooth and textured cohesive implants. Not only am I questioning which is best, but now which would give me that natural feel. I don't want to end up having surgery then hate my breaks later for choosing the wrong implants. I want natural soft.. Not hard. Any women out there that have had the gummy bear textured implants? Any thoughts/ recommendations?

Textured Vs. Smooth Implants

Shaped implants are all #textured and should not rotate when used properly. Also, textured implants do not require breast massage following surgery.
In my practice, about 20% of the patients benefit from shaped implants. Your Plastic Surgeon needs to measure you and determine the best shape and size of any implants that are used.

With the newer silicone implants, there is less difference between smooth and textured implants. Textured implants are mainly used now for shaped implants to keep the implant from rotating in the pocket which would distort the shape.
When placed under the muscle, the capsular contracture (CC) rate is the same for both types. Some studies show a slightly lower CC rate with textured implants placed above the muscle.  
The textured surface implants sometimes develop wrinkles in thinner patients that can be visible. 
ALCL, a very rare form of lymphoma, has been associated with breast implants and has only been seen in textured surface implants. Researchers don't know if the implants actually cause the ALCL, but if there is no advantage to using textured implants for a particular patient, I don't see a positive reason to use them.

Both implants are effective.  The new smooth-walled cohesive gel implants have a very low capsular contracture rate and in my experience the textured do not offer any better rate of capsular contracture.

There is a very very rare form of cancer which has occurred in the capsules of some breast implants and so far this only happens with textured breast implants and although the risk is very very low  because of this risk I do not use textured implants.

For what it is worth, at a recent meeting of experienced board-certified plastic surgeons a survey was taken about which implants these experienced surgeons used.  In that survey 83% of experienced board-certified plastic surgeons used smooth round silicone gel implants.

Confused between smooth round and textured. Any suggestions? = texture has lower capsular contraction rates #ba #breastimplants

Silicone filled breast implants either smooth or texture give the same texture and filling to the breast.

The textured silicone implants are associated with a LOWER rate of capsular contraction (an scar tissue that forms around the implants )when compared with smooth silicone implants

John Mesa, MD

The difference between these types of implants is the feel and surface characteristics of the outer surface of the implants. I do not think that there are any advantages of using textured implants when breast implants are utilized in the sub muscular (dual plane) position and use smooth round implants almost exclusively. Ultimately, careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful communication of goals will be far more important than breast implant surface characteristics when it comes to achieving an outcome that you will be pleased with.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.