I'm very concern about my belly button. (photos)

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks after my tummy tuck. I'm attaching pictures of my belly button. Can you please let me know if you think is normal. Everything else seems to be healing ok but I am very concern about my bb. Please help.

Belly button

Your belly button is alive/circulation present. Beyond that it is tough to say. I agree with those below - contact your surgeon for an in person exam and so you can voice your concerns to them directly.

Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Scarring

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

Now, if you find yourself concerned about the progress your scars are taking in the healing process it would be a good idea to visit your surgeon to have the area evaluated for proper healing. Just in case there may be an infection or other problem your surgeon would be the best to help resolve the issue. Good luck.

Belly Button concerns after tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Your belly button appears to be healing normally, however, I would recommend seeing your plastic surgeon for an in person exam.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Difficult to tell

Without seeing you in person. Based upon the pictures it seems you are healing ok. Bottom line, IF you have any concern, speak to your surgeons office.