Breast implant removal with a breast lift? (photos)

Three weeks postop and I am still very irritated Rashi and itchy seen the surgeon twice just told me to use Cortizone cream but it's not working yesterday when I took my bra off from the irritation in the dryness and actually started bleeding does anyone have any suggestions that can help me

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - Breast implant removal with a lift?

You appear to have an allergic reaction - it could be to tape, dressings, heat, ointment, etc.  You of course have to rule out a deeper issue such as infection but since you're seeing your surgeon I'm assuming that that is not a concern.  Switch to a plain cotton bra and consider some topical hydrocortisone.  Perhaps your surgeon can refer you to a dermatologist for assistance with this issue.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500.

Irritation

Thank you for your question. What you are describing suggest sensitivity to either, clothing, antibiotic ointment, adhesive tape or bra. The best thing to do is to stop all of these and let things settle. A fresh, all cotton bra without an underwire should be used. Rest assured, this is a temporary thing. Also, antihistamines such as Benadryl may help with itching.
Discuss this with your surgeon and keep him or her aware of what you are experiencing. Good Luck,

Breast implant removal with a breast lift?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Based on the distribution of your rash it appears that you are suffering from a contact allergy/dermatitis from either a garment, gauze, or ointment.  I would discuss this with your surgeon to determine what is causing the irritation in order to eliminate it and allow your skin to heal with moisturizers, steroid creams, or oral steroids.  Hope this helps.

After lift and implant removal

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and implant removal.
  • I suspect that you are allergic to something in the bra itself.
  • I suggest you wear a plain cotton T shirt under the bra 
  • And ask your surgeon if you can change to a plain cotton bra.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS