If I'm getting V Beam treatment on my face for acne scars, will the laser have any effect on my small tattoo on my ribcage?

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

Acne scarring doesnt improve from Vbeam treatment, but it does improve the redness in scars. I suggest you see an expert if you are looking for acne scarring treatment options.  Vbeam only affects the area that is being treated.  Best, Dr. Emer.

VBeam face affect tattoo elsewhere?

The VBeam will have absulotely no effect on the tattoo. The effects of these lasers are very localized and only penetrate the upper surface of the skin. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD