How much recovery time is needed after Liposuction to have another surgery of the spinal discs?

Im scheduled to have liposuction of the upper& lower abs, flanks and upper back next month 8/3. How much recovery time after lipo surgery will be needed for me to have my L4/5 disc fusion surgerydone ? Im 5'4, 158 in excellent health other than chronic back pain. Im so excited about having my liposuction done! After scheduling and preparing for my liposuction for months, my doctor suggests a fusion of my discs. Im so embarrassed that i aesthetics before my back pain.

Liposuction - how soon to have the back fusion?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Your own plastic surgeon should be the doctor to tell you how long to wait.
  • Depending on your recovery, you could have your back surgery in 2 - 3 months.
  • As long as your back surgery is not urgently needed, it is reasonable to have the liposuction first.
  • Be sure to check with your back surgeon about how long it is safe to wait for your fusion.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I make my patients wait at least 8-12 weeks before getting any other surgery as there is significant swelling and contour change that occurs after liposuction, especially a hi definition 4D contouring procedure.  Best, Dr. Emer.

These two topics are best discussed with your chosen Operating Surgeons. Also, without photos- it's difficult to give the most complete answer.