Jaw and Chin Implants? How Can I Achieve my Desired Look? (photo)

I am planning to have my jaw and chin reshaped, I have realistic expectations and I want a strong, angled jaw. I currently have a large, rounded jaw so wanted to know what surgery in terms of Jaw and Chin reshaping/implants will make it possible for me to have a jawline and chin simular to my desired look. E.g. jaw implants vs a sliding genioplasty. I have a very narrow long face so I want to have better facial balance and aesthetics. Many thanks

Jaw and Chin Implants

i agree.  You may want to consider jaw implants and a sliding genioplasty.  It may be wise to wait a few years before contemplating this surgery and please consider trying facial fillers as an alternative to a more invasive procedure.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Jaw and Chin Implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Jaw/chin implants

I think that implants along your jawline and a genioplasty with some contouring could get you the look you want.  I'd recommend seeing a surgeon in person and getting more information about those procedures - that will allow you to make the determination whether surgery is right for you.

Jaw/chin implants

Better looking jaw

See someone who does computer imaging so you might how chin/jaw procedures might look on your features. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Better looking jaw

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Defined strong jawline

It is quite common to augment  the 'ramus' of the jaw/back of jawline; in order to reshape and increase the contours of the face/especially when viewed from the front. Genioplasty can change the vertical and 'profile' of the jaw; but must be combined with augmentation of the side and back of the jaw to achieve a good balance. See website for examples of this type of procedure.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Defined strong jawline

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon