Kybella. How long will it last? (Photo)

I have lost a significant amount of weight and would like to get rid of the extra neck fat. How long are the results expected to last?

Kybella results

One of the really excellent things about Kybella is that once the fat is dissolved, it is gone for good so while it may take between 2-4 sessions to achieve your final results, those results are permanent. Hope this helps. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella is Permanent

Kybella is FDA approved non-surgical treatment for excessive fat underneath the chin (double chin). Kybella is injected into the fat beneath the chin. The fat cells are then destroyed and cannot store or produce fat any longer. A patient may have to return 4-6 times to receive their desired look. The results are permanent. Once the fat cells have been destroyed they can no longer accumulate fat.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Permanent Kybella Results

Kybella can be a very effective way to address excess submental fat in many of my patients.  I have been happy to achieve excellent results with this treatment.  The removal of the excess fat is permanent; however, ongoing aging of the skin can lead to additional skin excess under the chin over a period of years.  

Kybella permanently destroys fat

Kybella is the only FDA approved injectable drug used to treat the submental fat that causes a double chin. It destroys the fat cells and prevents the fat from reaccumulating. It has produced amazing results and is associated with very little downtime, with most going to work the next day. Depending on how much fat is in the submental region, the typical number of treatments ranged from 2-4 for maximal results. Theoretically, the fat cells that are destroyed do not regenerate so it is considered a long lasting treatment. Cost usually ranges from $1000-$1200/Treament

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella results

Thanks for your question. Kybella targets fat cells to remove them permanently. This does not include natural factors such as aging. The number of treatments needed depends on a patient’s desired goal. Visit a board certified dermatologist to get the exact number of treatments needed. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Longevity of Kybella

Thank you for your question!  Kybella works by dissolving fat which lies just below the skin, underneath the chin and jaw.  As a result, it will help to remove fullness under the jaw and can even tighten the chin and jawline.  Because the fat is dissolved, it is permanently removed.  As long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle with good skin care, you should not see the fat return.  It is difficult to tell from your picture if you would be a good candidate for Kybella.  I would consult with a board certified facial plastic or general plastic surgeon for a full physical examination, and discussion of your options. I hope this helps!-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella results

Thank you for your question adahall. Kybella is the first and thus far only FDA approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. Kybella permanently destroys the fat cells in the double chin and they are eliminated naturally by the body over time. The great thing about Kybella is that once one has completed the required series of 2-6 treatment, no further maintenance is required. This is in contrast to other treatments such as Botox and fillers. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Permanently gone

Fat loss from Kybella treatment is permanent. It is a great options for those patients with isolated submental fat that is hard to lose or remove. This is all done in less than 15 minutes.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella -- Fat Reduction on Neck // How Long Are Results?

Kybella is a medication injected into
the neck/chin to reduce fat.  Results are permanent when you do
enough treatments.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How long does Kybella last?

The great thing about Kybella is that the results are permanent.  After significant weight loss, the best result in your neck may be a facelift to tighten the loose skin- the nice surprise with kybella is that we do see some skin tightening-the question is whether it is enough to meet your needs.  I have had some patients with loose skin after weight loss who didn't want a face lift and have been happy with their kybella results.  I would recommend that you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss which options are best for you.  Good luck and congratulations on your weight loss!

Jonathan Hall, MD