I'm 4 weeks postop from lipo on my legs and a tummy tuck. It's hot outside. Can the heat cause me to swell more than I should?

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Heat and high temperature can cause an increase in swelling, especially with extended periods of walking or being outdoors. Swelling due to liposuction can last for months. Massage, RF treatments, Venus Legacy, hyperbaric oxygen and continued used of compression garments will drastically reduce swelling. I suggest consulting with your physician if you have concerns, and continue to follow his or her post op protocol. Best, Dr. Emer

'm 4 weeks postop from lipo on my legs and a tummy tuck. It's hot outside. Can the heat cause me to swell more than I should?

Heat can definitely make you swell more. You should continue to wear your compression garments and discuss with your surgeon how much time you should spend outside in the heat.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your liposuction!  Temperature changes will effect your post surgical swelling, much like before surgery, and you can anticipate an increase in warmer climates and a decrease in cooler ones.  In order to minimize this it is important to wear your compression garment for the first several weeks after your procedure.  Hope this helps.