Can these stains be removed without redoing the whole filling? (Photo)

The two dark stains on my front tooth are really putting a damper on my confidence. I've always had teeth issues, and I know that none of my teeth are really white. Until I get insurance again I have to deal with what I got. I'm willing to pay cash though for them two small stains to be buff/polished away without having to redo the whole filling, if that's possible...? Is it worth my time going to dentist to see? And how much do you think it would cost if they could do it? Thanks in advance!

The simple answer is -yes--you can have the offending spot repaired or polished to keep your costs minimized. Keeping the margins of the fillings tight and well polished in the first place will slow the restaining for you.

Costs will vary on the time and material required

Good luck!

Teeth Whitening

Hello Dear,

Your dark stains can easily be removed by teeth whitening treatment. This treatment brighten your smile up to eight shades, and take years off of your appearance.

Shahin Safarian, DMD
San Diego Dentist