I had a Tummy tuck and lipo on my legs June 20,2016. Any suggestions?

I have done really well..still battling the swelling and nerve pain...my legs swell everyday, I am a office worker so sit and stand a lot...my question is my medial thigh lift when do you think I should try and have it...My Dr said after 12 weeks..it's been almost 10 now still swelling and nerve pain...

Thank you for your question.I would follow your plastic surgeons suggestions but if you are still experiencing swelling from your previous surgery, it would be in your best interest to wait to procedure with the next surgery to lower your risks of complications. Wait and see how you are progressing at 12 weeks and if your swelling has resolved then I would consider scheduling your second surgery at that point. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Medial thigh lift

Thank you for your question. If you are getting swelling at 10 weeks period I recommend to wait 3 more months. 

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery.  I would recommend waiting until your legs have fully healed from your liposuction before pursuing any additional surgery.  This allows your tissues time to regain their former elasticity and resolve any swelling allowing for the medial thigh lift to be safer and have  more predictable outcome.  Hope this helps.

If you still have "issues" related to your first stage, I would recommend waiting until those improve. I commonly wait 4-6 months minimum anyway but why add trauma to an area that is still experiencing issues?

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Hello Allison. Every patient experiences recovery differently. Twelve weeks recovery is enough time for an average patient, but if the patient is still experiencing pain and significant swelling from a previous surgery, it could be advisable to wait awhile longer to have additional procedures. The amount of swelling and pain should be evaluated by your surgeon. If he/she is concerned that your healing would be compromised, then waiting would be the best option. Take care.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS