This vertical atrophic scar on forehead. Recommendations? (photo)

26 year old scar Was told 10 years ago nothing can be done by dermatologist Would like more opinions Vertical scar, indented, running roughly 85 degrees down center of forehead. Recommendations?

Doctor Answers 2

Vertical scar fore head treatment?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

your scar is depressed and wide. This is best revised by excision and proper closure by a very experienced surgeon. Other mini procedures will not decrease the width of the scar etc. . 

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Indented scar solutions with lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This can be improved with a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.