How can I reduce or remove my under eye bags naturally? (Photo)

Over the last year I have developed bad under eye bags. I don't believe it to be hereditary. I get them really badly when i smile. I dont want to get surgery since I'm only 25 . I do have really bad allergies so I've been taking care if that but my eyes dont seem to be getting any better. Do you have any suggestions on what I could do to reduce them? Also if the only way to reduce or remove them is surgery please tell me. Thank you

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Laser Resurfacing, Clear+Brilliant, Micropen, Viva, Ultherapy/Thermage

Luckily, you probably will not need surgery to correct your eyebags. A combination treatment of lasers, microneedling/PRP, and fillers should do the trick. I suggest you see an expert for  treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question. Hydraulic acid fillers can reduce under eye bags and are a suitable solution for the younger patients. I suggest that you consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

That's a normal muscle

Great question and thanks for the photos. You have a muscle around your eye called the orbicularis oculi it acts kind of like the string in a purse. When you flex the muscle (like with smiling) it changes from being flat and broad into more of a band. It's that band of muscle you're seeing below your eye. Check out pictures online of the muscle and it will make perfect sense!~Dr. Sieber

Lower eyelid bags

Thank you for your questions.  It is difficult to see from the photos but if you do have excess lower eyelid "bags", surgery may be your best options.  There may also be a role for botox if you ar looking for a non-surgical option.  I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgery for evaluation to help determine your best option.

Aaron D. Smith, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon