Should I operate on a intramuscular lipoma in a difficult position? (photos)

I have an intramuscular lipoma in my back (found with an MRI). Specifically, directly behind my scapula (shoulder blade). There's no easy way to get a biopsy. The tumor is currently 6.5 cm long and has not seen any growth for the last 8 months. So, the doctor has diagnosed it has non malignant. Due to its location (a very difficult place to operate on), the doctor has recommended that I do not have an operation and keep checking its growth. I would like to know what others think? Thank you.

Should I operate on a intramuscular lipoma in a difficult position?

Thank you for your question.  Assuming you have had little growth over the last 8 months, and you are not having any symptoms from the lipoma, there is little risk to leaving it in place.  A lipoma is an otherwise benign tumor.  Hope this helps.