Will I be able to do isometric abdominal exercises during my recovery to strengthen my abs?

I am a bodybuilder and the thought of no exercise is worrying me. I will be getting an umbilical hernia repaired with mesh and diastasis recti repaired, a tummy tuck procedure.

Tummy tuck and exercise

I tell patients not to do any exercise for one month post op and no dedicated abdominal exercises for 3 months so it looks like isometric exercises are out for a while.

Isometric abdominal exercises during my recovery to strengthen my abs?

No, you should not expect to do abdominal wall exercises during your recovery after the planned procedures. Hopefully, you will be able to get your endorphins going using other types of exercises. Of course, in the longer term you will be able to return to these activities.

Your plastic surgeon, knowing exactly what procedures performed and how you are progressing, will be your best resource when it comes to timing to return to specific activities.

I would say that you should focus on getting recovered before starting any type of exercise that could compromise your result.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.