I would like to change sex from female to male. May I ask how much? And where?

Thank you for your question.  A neophalloplasty is the creation of a penis. There are different techniques.  One technique involves creating the penis from forearm skin, which can be disfiguring.  The other technique uses abdominal skin, which typical leaves one with a more appealing abdominal scar, is less invasive, and the cost is typically much less.  

The abdominal skin technique is the one offered at our practice.  I was personally trained on this technique of neophallus creation by the creator of this technique.  The new penis would not have a urethra and would not be able to obtain an erection without the insertion of an artificial device, if one chooses.  The cost of the surgery is dependent upon several factors and ranges from $8,000 to $15,000.  Prior to surgery, all patients require evaluation by an appropriate psychologist and receive the appropriate counseling. 

I wish you the best of luck.    

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist)

Cleveland Urologist