Atypical mole biopsied at 6 month follow up for melanoma insitu. Any suggestions?

I had two shave biopsies at my six month follow up after having melanoma insitu. One was absolutely fine and the other was atypical. The derm said the lab didn't comment on how atypical it was, only that it extended past the base. He then said he would look at the slide himself to see if other treatment was necessary. Shouldn't there be clean margins with any degree of atypical cells after a melanoma diagnosis? Thank you for your insight.

Mole removal after a melanoma in situ diagnosis

Melanoma in situ history does require extra precautions for future biopsies and margins for removal. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles