What's the best way to flatten my abdomen after bad lipo and puckered scar from a previous surgery? (photo)

I had excess skin removed over 10 years ago after my 3rd child was born. I was at fault for NOT doing my homework about the surgeon; he was a hand surgeon! Years later I wanted to still improve my tummy but all doctors from my consults said I did not have enough skin for a tummy tuck so one surgeon did lipo and I was left rippled and indented in addition to my ugly scar. I even wrote to Dr. Dubrow on Botched because I want my next MD to be top notch to prevent revisions, no response :(

Liposuction revision

Thank you for the question and the photographs. While pictures cannot take the place of an in-person examination it would appear as though you would benefit with a revision liposuction to remove and redistribute the fat with potentially needing fat grafting to improve areas of severe dimpling. When you feel the time is right, consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in-person examination and a discussion of your goals. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Unhappy with liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am sorry you are unhappy with your liposuction- and the photo shows a range of issues.
  • Liposuction results can be irregular - and results of revision are unpredictable.
  • They will change if you lose and gain weight - it isn't clear when yours was done.
  • You need a consultation with a plastic surgeon who only does cosmetic surgery -
  • Your options include a redo liposuction possibly with laser or Vaser, fat transfers to indentations and/or a tummy tuck - with muscle repair and skin re-draping if skin is not loose enough to remove more.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Revision Liposuction and Specialists

You need an evaluation with a revision specialist who uses a combination of devices to get the best results and uses fat grafting to improve dimples and indentations. This can be majorly improved if your expectation is improvement.  Please only see an expert, in my practice I see many worse cases, this can be improved.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Revision of bad liposuction

Correcting poorly performed liposuction is difficult and at times not possible.This is especially true if someone has been over liposuctioned. Your options are further liposuction with an attempt to even in the contour, fat grafting to fill in a defects or a combination of both. And requires meticulous detail.As well as setting realistic expectations is paramount for patient satisfaction.In certain cases it's simply not possible to correct the disfigurement. 

my practice is almost exclusively devoted to body contouring using liposuction and fat transfer. I suggest doing research on local plastic surgeons who have excellent online reviews and show consistent good before and after pictures.Interview them in person and ask what their experience is in liposuction and specifically revision liposuction work. An examination is mandatory before anyone can give an accurate assessment of how much improvement would be obtained.Best,Mats Hagstrom , MD 

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Management of irregular contour after lipo of abdomen

Hello! Thank you for providing the photos. It looks to me like you could undergo revision liposuction to smooth overall contour - just make sure you go to a plastic surgeon who is board certified and performs liposuction regularly. That is one option. I cannot tell from the photo if you might benefit from tummy tuck - you would need to be seen in person to assess that option.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Dimples after liposuction

Sorry about your outcome thus far. For me you would be a candidate for a mini abdominoplasty with liposuction. The scar could be removed and improved and some but probably not all of the dents could be made better. Fat grafting later on may be added to help smooth the result. Good Luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS