I'm 32 years old. Can I use anti-aging facials or creams?

Don't let me get wrinkles!

You've asked a great question!  Age 32 is a great time to begin using anti-aging skin care products. Many Plastic Surgery and Dermatology offices carry skin care lines that have higher levels of active ingredients than can be found in skin care products carried at your local cosmetic counter. My office carries the Skin Medica line and we have an aesthetician who can help our patients get on a good skin care regimen suited to their skin type and needs. If you contact a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist in your area they should be able to direct you to skin care products that will help you stave off wrinkles and make your skin look it's best. Good luck!

Kennewick Plastic Surgeon

Facials

Esthetics is the application of various treatments to the skin. Estheticians are trained in skin wellness, helping their clients balance oil and moisture content and achieve a healthy, youthful complexion. They commonly also perform body treatments such as salt or sugar scrubs, moisturizing or slenderizing body wraps, hair removal techniques such as waxing or threading, and hand/foot treatments to rejuvenate the skin.

Estheticians are also skilled in managing conditions such as acne, rosacea, eczema, and dry skin, to name
just a few. And finally, skin care treatments are wonderfully relaxing and rejuvenating. If smooth, healthy skin is your goal, visiting a skin care professional can benefit you.

Techniques used by estheticians include facial steaming, wrapping, exfoliation, waxing, pore cleansing, extraction, and chemical peels. Creams, lotions, wraps, clay or gel masks, and salt scrubs are used.

John Frattellone, DMD
Red Bank Dentist

Thanks for your query. Yes absolutely you should start it immediately. Our skin speed ens the signs of ageing from 25 so that is actually the right age to start the regime of anti aging. Hope it Helps.
All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Everybody loves a good facial!

Hi there,
Like Dr. Weyler had suggested, patients in their 30s should follow a skin care regime prescribed by your physician.  Most patients in their early 30s that come to our office love starting off with a Diamondtome Microdermabrasion.  There is such a wide range of treatments available, definitely start with a consult with your local American Academy Dermatology Physician and SPF!

Thomas Munyon, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Skincare at any age

Patients in their 30's should follow a comprehensive daily skin care regimen that ideally consists of anti-oxidants and retinols. Anti-oxidants such as Vitamin C and Green Tea protect our skin from free radical damage that is naturally in our atmosphere; like air pollution, smoke, sun, etc. Exfoliating ingredients such as retinols or glycolic acids gently turn skin cells over to reveal fresh, younger looking skin. And of course I tell my all patients to apply sunscreen everyday which will keep the anti-aging products from having to work so hard!

Jenny Weyler, MD
Worcester Physician