My nose is wide and thin. (photo)

My Nose is Wide and Thin

It is difficult to answer your question when you provide just one picture. I suggest you submit a full set of pictures as described on my website for nasal evaluation. However it does appear that a reduction in your wide tip would improve nasal balance. This is a problem that we frequently see in African-American patients.

Open rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

My nose is wide and thin

A full set of facial photographs required to make a determination about  being a rhinoplasty candidate. Wide nasal bones are narrowed with osteotomies. Wide nasal tip cartilages can be narrowed. Wide nostrils are narrowed within an alar-plasty. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty with implant

Dear Joycelyn,

Thanks for submitting your picture, though full front and side view pictures would have been very helpful. Based on my experience in the Asian and African communities, most likely your nose bridge  and nose tip are quite low. That makes you an excellent candidate for nasal implant surgery as well as alar base and alar  curve wedge resection. This procedure will raise your bridge height , give you more tip projection with more defined tip and narrow your wide nose. It will result in more harmonious and more proportional nose in regard to your face,  which are the hallmarks of beauty

Not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely, in order to avoid bad result and need for corrective surgery.

Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check their before and after pictures, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive..

Dr Widder

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination on you and give you the best recommendations. From what I can tell from your photographs, you may benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing along with an alarplasty which is the technique that is commonly used for nostril reduction. This procedure consists of making an incision on the inside or outside of the nostrils then removing a specific amount of tissue to reduce the size and/or make more symmetrical. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon