I'm 2 days post op and I notice whenever I squeeze my breast which is flatter, I can feel the implant move. It that normal?

Implant movement

It is normal for implants to move within their pockets.  If an implant is inserted below the pectoralis (chest) muscle, it will frequently move with muscle contraction.  Some surgeons recommend implant massage for implants placed above the muscle (subglandular implants, inserted just under the breast tissue).  By massaging the implant, the theory is that the pocket will be maintained through implant movement and the risk of capsular contracture may be decreased.  I recommend reviewijf your surgeon's post-operative instructions and clarifying if any questions arise.

Best, Stephanie Power MD, MSc, FRCSC

Implant movement early post op

At 2 days out, you a extremely early in the recovery process.  Movement is normal, especially early on.  Smooth implants especially will have more movement than textured devices.  As you are early post op, I am certain you will be following up regularly with your PS. Voice your concerns. Sounds as though you are healing normally for now.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

I'm two days post-op............

you are in the very early stages of recovery. Minor irregularities are commonplace at this early stage. It may well be that there is some air trapped in your pocket. This will resorb very quickly. ifYou are still concerned you should discuss things with your surgeon.

Patrick Briggs, FRCSI(Plast Surg)
Perth Plastic Surgeon

Implant moving

The implants do move within the breast space and will continue to do so.  If it is moving outside of the breast pocket, notify your surgeon for an examination.  You may feel the movement unequally from one breast to another at this point because you are very early in the healing process.  As they soften, they will feel more at one with your body.

Camille Cash, MD

Implants

Implants will move in the pocket. When you squeeze them they will move as well. This is normal. If concerned, then see/speak with your surgeon.

Early healing after breast implant surgery

Thanks for your question.

It is still early in your healing process and your breast shape will continue to round out and improve.  Make sure to follow up with your surgeon and follow the postoperative instruction you have received.

Best Wishes

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon