Does all breast reduction have to do with cutting?

Can some of the fat be romove with outt being cut I can work with my brest being drop but the part that hangs out off the bra could be remove I don't want a bigger bra just Luke about few oz of fat be remove I see videos of what people go true don't think a brave enuff for that so could that work

Liposuction

Liposuction can be used to reduce some breast volume but it is subtle and the downside is that it can lead to more droop / ptosis as removal of fat always leads to some emptiness. 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

The vast majority of patients who present for breast reduction surgery are not good candidates for  breast reduction by liposuctioning. The rare good candidate requires a  relatively small reduction, has excellent overlying skin elasticity, and does not present with significant breast ptosis (sagging).  As you can imagine, most patients who present for breast reduction surgery do not display these characteristics on physical examination.

Be careful about your selection of plastic surgeon and technique utilized;  revisionary breast surgery can be costly in many ways.

Breast reduction

breast reduction always involves cutting and scars. The scars can be quite lengthy, especially when the breasts are very large. Some doctors will liposuction a breast, but this leaves it looking droopy. Best to consult with a plastic surgeon for how this applies to you.

Anthony Youn, MD, FACS
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction with Liposuction

Thank you very much for your question. Some women do find that liposuction alone can eliminate excess fatty tissue along the breasts and bra line. However, without an in-person examination, it is impossible to give you any more meaningful advice. I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. At this time, he/she will perform a physical examination, review your medical history, then explain the best options to achieve your desired results.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

No incision breast reduction

Yes - it is possible to reduce breasts without making a big incision.  Usually.  

The breast can usually be reduced somewhat by liposuction.  The degree to which this is efective depends on how much of your breast is fat.  Young, thin women tend to have breasts that are mostly made up of glandular tissue - which is firm and can't be removed by liposuction.  Women who are older and/or heavier tend to have more fat in their breasts - which can be removed by liposuction.  As for the down side, you've hit the nail on the head.  If fat is removed from the breast without any skin being removed, the breast will droop.  That is probably why liposuction isn't a more popular way of reducing breast tissue.  Hope this helps!

Dr. Jespersen

M. Renee Jespersen, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction without scars

Hello and thank you for your quesiton

In certain instances liposuction can be used to reduce some of the size of the breasts. You would need to be seen in person to determine how to proceed in your situation. For the most part, complete breast reduction involves incisions on the breast and scars though.

Lateral chest tissue

It is possible that the lateral chest tissue might be amenable to liposuction only.  Best of luck.....

Breast liposuction

Hello and thank you for the question. Yes, this is possible to do. It will reduce the size of the breast, but will NOT lift the breast. There is a trade off between sagging and scarring. If you are ONLY concerned with size and can live with the sagging, then liposuction of the breast may be appropriate for you. 

Frankly, I don't see many women who want sagging breasts. If there is an option to reduce the size and improve the shape, most will take that option. You just need to be clear in terms of what your expectations are and if you are ok with the sagging remaining. 

You should seek several consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any decisions.

Most reductions take a week off of work to recover. It will be about a month before you can resume exercise. 

As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care physician.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction without incision

It's possible to use liposuction to reduce the size of breasts, if the breasts are largely fatty in composition.  In my experience, few people are actually good candidates for this.  Liposuction of the breasts will NOT lift the breasts much however, and the nipple will continue to be droopy if it is droopy to begin with.  Not everyone is a candidate for liposuction breast reduction, and insurance never covers liposuction of any kind.

You should seek opinion from experienced board-certified plastic surgeons IN PERSON so you can have an examination to see if what you would like is possible.

RM