Can this tattoo be removed? And if so what price estimate would you give?

I got this tattoo three days ago and instantly regretted it. The design did not come out at all as I had expected and It has caused me extreme depression and I can't stand to look at it. I am studying abroad until the winter but come January I hope to begin the removal process. I am trying to determine if laser removal is possible for this tattoo or if I should just undergo a surgical removal. Please help! I can not stop thinking about this and am filled with so much sadness.

Laser and Tattoo Removal

This laser can be absolutely removed from your skin and I am sorry about the process you went through.  I would avoid an excision since you will be left with a terrible scar.  With the Alex-Trivantage laser you will have clearance of the tattoo after several sessions.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your tattoo regret. Pico lasers are the most advanced technology for laser tattoo removal. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths making it possible to remove 96% of ink in as little as 4-6 treatments. I also utilize the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring. I think it is important not only to seek the best technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider. I have been practicing laser tattoo removal for almost 20 years. Cost can vary on location, size of the tattoo, and technology. I would recommend an in person consultation.

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon