Is 60 years old too late to get a Tummy Tuck?

#tummytuck #abdominoplasty #plasticsurgery

Hello yolig356, thank you for your excellent question. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.    Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Not too old for a tummy tuck

Thank you very much for your question. At 60, you are not too old for a tummy tuck, in fact, successful results can be seen in patients many years older than you. My recommendation is that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. At this time, he/she will review your medical history and perform an in-person examination of your abdomen, to determine if you are indeed a good candidate for the abdominoplasty procedure. 

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Is 60 years old too late for a Tummy Tuck

Tummy Tuck surgery ranges from removal of lower abdominal skin to more extensive repositioning of the muscles as well as advancement of the abdominal wall skin up to the breast bone.  It is a surgery that requires general anesthesia and a definite recovery period.  At age 60 if you are in general good health  and close to your ideal weight, then you can be considered for a tummy tuck.  Consult a board certified plastic surgeon who will take a detailed medical history and evaluate your surgical needs to determine if you are a candidate.   

Carlin Vickery, MD

Tummy tuck at 60?...

You are never too old to improve your appearance.  As long as you are in great health and not a smoker you should do well. You will be required to get an E.K.G and blood work, and it might be worthwhile to see your internist to ensure you have no underlining problem. But if everything is good, you should be ready to go.

Is 60 too old for a tummy tuck?

Not at all...I have several patients in their 70's that have had tummy tucks. More important than age is the health of the patient. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Age for tummy tuck

Sixty is not too old for a tummy tuck. More important is your general health and any medical conditions which you may have.

Tummy Tuck and Age

If you are healthy, motivated, and have a BMI under 30, your age is not the main factor when considering a tummy tuck; your functional age is more important than your actual age. Good luck!

John S. Lee, MD

Age for tummy tuck

As long as you are medically healthy, and cleared by your primary doctor and/or cardiologist, there is no reason why a 65-year-old cannot get a tummy tuck, or even 75-year-old.  It's not about the absolute number, it's about your general health.  Discuss this with your primary care doctor.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Age and abdominoplasty

yolig

Thanks for the question.  No , you are not too old as long as you are in good health. I'm still trying to convince my 85 year old mother to do hers!

Good luck

Dr T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Age limit for Tummy Tuck?

As surgeons, we tend to think in terms of "physiological age" as opposed to "chronological age".  In other words, the condition you are in and your overall health is more important than your age.  Personally, I have many tummy tuck patients in their 60's and even past that age.