Are Dominican Republic Liposuction and Tummy tucks safe? (photos)

I am intersted in a tummy tuck and liposuction of my upper back. Can these procedures be done simultaneously?

Tummy Tuck - Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your tummy tuck and liposuction surgery. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in body contouring procedures. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained surgeons.  Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps.

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. Dr Tummy Tucks and Lipo are as safe as in any other country if you go to the right surgeons. You look like a good candidate for a full tummy tuck and lipo in 1 single procedure. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

DR abdominoplasty

I would recommend that you have an abdominoplasty with SAL with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon in NY. We  are heavily regulated and are accountable; that is not the case in the DR. Furthermore, I would not perform these procedures in a single sitting.  Some of your excess waist fat can be removed with the abdominal suction and, frankly, you should try to lose weight. There are risks of pulmonary embolism in air travel when retuning to the US. Additionally, you will be hard pressed to find a plastic surgeon in NY for follow up care.

Surgery outside of the US

Thanks for your question. While there are certainly qualified plastic surgeons all over the world, traveling out of the country for a procedure can make follow up office visits and post-operative care difficult. How long are you planning to remain in the other country after your procedure? What is your plan for follow up treatment? What if you have a complication after you return home? These are all considerations you should address before your procedure.
Good luck!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and liposuction of back

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Are Dominican Republic Liposuction and Tummy tucks safe?

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photos. Yes your procedures can be done at once by a qualified and experienced surgeons but it is important to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and you should start by searching for a surgeon ın your area that yu can visit for a one on one consultation.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Medical tourism

In this country you can find out the credentials of the doctor - if you have a problem you are protected by laws. In DR you have no idea of the credentials of the doctor -- if you have a problem, too bad. Many patients need care when they return to the US --- who will take care of you. Also with surgery of this nature a pulmonary embolus from blood clots in the legs is possible and long plane flights make this more of a problem. If you want to take your life in your own hands have fun go down there. Remember --  you often get what you pay for. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tummy Tuck

I do not perform liposuction of the back or abdomen at the same time as tummy tuck- in my opinion, it risks the skin healing.  Rather, if needed, I perform it later at a separate procedure.I do liposuction the flanks with a tummy tuck.I would encourage local plastic surgeons as recovery and follow up are usually a problem when performed out of the country.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.  

Cosmetic Surgery Tourism

I recommend that you carefully consider your options before traveling abroad for your cosmetic surgery.  Practicing in NYC, I have treated many serious  and egregious complications on patients who had their surgery in third world countries. Local government supervision is not nearly as stringent as the US, and if complications do occur, your surgeon is far away, and treatment can be very expensive. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in the US, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD