Effective therapy for dry, thin and excessive hair fall (prominently at the front part of scalp)?

I am a 20yr old female. I had normal thick,silky hair till 16. Now my hair have become dry, thin and I lost most of them especially from the front region of my scalp. The possible reason for hairfall is weight loss and dandruff. I have heavy hairfall and flipping of hair also pulls out my hair. My scalp itches and pains when I comb. I am losing my hair for 2years and the front part of scalp is hairless. Will ozone therapy or high frequency therapy be effective or should I opt for something else.

Dry, thin and excessive hair fall

Female pattern hair loss or genetic alopecia is the most common reason of hair loss in women and it is more common than it is thought to be. 25% of the women at the ages of 35-40, 50% of the women at the ages above 40 suffer from hair loss. 20% of the women with hair loss have a positive relative who suffered/is suffering from hair loss. Other reasons of hair loss are: Hypo- and hyper-tiroidism (hair loss may be one of the early signs of thyroid dysfunction, and hair loss stops after treatment); polycystic ovarian syndrome (an inherited ovarian disease, seen in 10% of the women during adulthood); pregnancy-related hormonal changes (temporary hair loss which can be seen during pregnancy stops after birth)..

The reason of the hair loss may be external factors, connective tissue disorders such as stress, anemia, lupus, medications, hormonal and seasonal changes, nutritional problems, severe diets, bulimia, protein/calorie deficiency, zinc and essential amino-acid deficiency, mal-absorption (intestinal and digestive problems), A-vitamin excess, general anesthesia, affective mood disorders.So you have to have a full exam with an hair surgeon, internalist and/or endocrinologist to find out any reason for hair loss.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Effective therapy

You need a proper diagnosis before starting any treatment. You should have an indepth consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can evaluate your health, history, order any pertinent labs, evaluate your scalp and hair, as well as discuss with you the available options. Female hair loss can be quite complex and due to multiple factors.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Getting to the Bottom of It--Seeking Hair Loss Treatment: PRP and Progesterone

I suggest seeing a hair loss expert to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Females hair loss

Hair loss in women is a difficult analysis. I have written extensively on this but you need a specialized doctor to do the necessary testing to help you. See below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon