Male 19, I have a very heavy hairfall for 2 weeks. Is it male pattern baldness or telogen effluvium?? Advice? (photos)

Male 19, I have a very high haifall from 2 week now i can see my scalp i m afraid that it is male pattern baldness or telogen effluvium ??

Rapid Hair Loss

The onset of hair loss is often sudden, random and frequently recurrent. Androgenetic Alopecia, also known as male pattern baldness, is responsible for naturally occuring hair loss as a person ages. There are however, other strains of alopecia that manifest themselves in a far more aggressive manner. For example, Alopecia Areata causes baldness in soft, round patches on the scalp or elsewhere on the body. Alopecia Areata sufferers may go onto remission briefly, permanently, or never recover. Unfortunately like other forms of alopecia, the condition is wholly unpredictable. In addition, Alopecia Totalis, currently believed to be an autoimmune disorder, can result in the entire loss of head hair, and can occur quite suddenly. Alopecia Universalis furthermore, usually results in an entire loss of all body hair, including the scalp, eyebrows and eyelashes. I strongly suggest you consult a dermatologist who can take a detailed history and perform an examination. 

Rapid Hair Loss

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Understanding Hair loss and hair loss treatment options: hair transplant, prp and progesterone

Hair loss requires an in-person evaluation. I suggest seeing a hair loss expert now to evaluate and go over your condition and provide you information about your best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like prp/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

19 with hair loss

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

19 with hair loss

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Loss assessment

This could be caused by numerous issues. My only recommendation is that you seek an in person assessment with a specialist. Some test should be taken and an evaluation will need to be made so that you are sure that everything is covered and nothing is missed. 

Hair Loss assessment

MPB or TE

The most common cause of hair loss in men is male pattern baldness. Massive sudden hair loss is not typically a feature of male pattern balding but exceptions do exist. You'll want to see a physician to evaluate your scalp and order blood tests. That's the really the only way to sort out what's going on.

MPB or TE