Don't want to be a whiny patient but I'm pretty sure my surgeon missed an area.
Doctor Answers 3
Feel surgeon missed an area of liposuction
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- You may be right but if liposuction was recent you may simply be swollen.
- You can't see your final result and swelling looks and feels like fat.
- The upper abdomen typically will not bruise, harden or form lumps.
- The same, less often, is true of the lower abdomen.
- So there is no way to know without taking this up with your surgeon.
- You need call his office and tell them that you require an appointment with the surgeon because you have questions about your surgery that only s/he can answer.
- The surgeon is responsible for your result - not the assistants - and you paid the surgeon.
- When you go, take a friend if you think it will be a difficult discussion.
- Also ask for a copy of the operative note - it should state how much fluid was infused and how much fat was removed from each area.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
I think the best way to find out if you had liposuction in a specific area, you have to ask your surgeon.
Pretty sure my surgeon missed an area.
Thank you for sharing your question. I can understand your concerns and would make it a point with your surgeon's office to make sure that you are seen by the actual doctor during your next follow up appointment. They should be able to review with you your before and current day pictures to demonstrate the areas treated and the results you have obtained. You can then voice your concerns about the lack of improvement to your stomach. Best wishes.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.