Don't want to be a whiny patient but I'm pretty sure my surgeon missed an area.

Every area liposuctioned on has had bruising/hardening/lumps after but upper and lower stomach never had that and do not look different. When I mentioned it they first said there wasn't much fat there but there was and still are two full handfuls. Then they say wait for swelling to go down but this whole time it has felt and looked like every other body part that was untouched by the procedure: totally normal. The Dr is never present for the post op appts, not sure how to proceed.

Feel surgeon missed an area of liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You may be right but if liposuction was recent you may simply be swollen.
  • You can't see your final result and swelling looks and feels like fat. 
  • The upper abdomen typically will not bruise, harden or form lumps.
  • The same, less often, is true of the lower abdomen.
  • So there is no way to know without taking this up with your surgeon.
  • You need call his office and tell them that you require an appointment with the surgeon because you have questions about your surgery that only s/he can answer. 
  • The surgeon is responsible for your result - not the assistants - and you paid the surgeon.
  • When you go, take a friend if you think it will be a difficult discussion.
  • Also ask for a copy of the operative note - it should state how much fluid was infused and how much fat was removed from each area.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Treatment area

I think the best way to find out if you had liposuction in a specific area, you have to ask your surgeon.

Pretty sure my surgeon missed an area.

Thank you for sharing your question.  I can understand your concerns and would make it a point with your surgeon's office to make sure that you are seen by the actual doctor during your next follow up appointment.  They should be able to review with you your before and current day pictures to demonstrate the areas treated and the results you have obtained.  You can then voice your concerns about the lack of improvement to your stomach.  Best wishes.