Are veneers the right choice for my specific case? Missing tooth (Photo)

Please help! I currently have braces and is considering porcelain veneers as an option. I previously had one tooth removed which had gradually moved to the roof of my mouth. Also had a small arch but currently have a spacer in to fix the problem. I was wondering with a tooth missing will it be a wise choice to go with veneers or should I consider another option.

#Veneers are an option after ortho #DroftTouch

Hello there,
The first step would be to reopen the space where you are missing a lateral incisor and correct the alignment. Following this, a dental implant or bridge would be recommended to replace the missing tooth. Consider veneers after orthodontic treatment to give you the most esthetic result. I would recommend consulting with an experienced cosmetic dentist to determine your options. Always look at before and after photos when selecting your dentist. They will give you a pretty good indication about what you can expect. Good luck and I hope this info helps you. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO Area (O'Fallon, IL)

Porcelain Veneers

I would continue to proceed with orthodontics until completed. They can open the space where you are missing the lateral incisor and ultimately you can have an implant placed there.  This will give you a great result.  Good luck. 

Ortho needs to reverse course

By closing the space of the missing tooth #7, your Dental Midline has shifted to the right and is no longer centered with your nose in the midline of your face.  The orthodontic treatment is also worsening your Class III mal-occlusion by constricting your upper arch.
I highly recommend that you discuss orthodontically opening the #7 space back up to regain the proper symmetry.  After this has been reestablished,  You can have a carefully sought Cosmetic Dentist  restore the space with an implant crown or a conservative bonded porcelain Veneer bridge on 6, 7, 8 and additional porcelain veneers on# 5, 9 , 10,11 and 12.
Sorry if this is confusing, but it can be accomplished by someone who is highly experienced in Esthetic Smile Design.
I hope this has been helpful. Don't be discouraged. You will have a beautiful smile with careful planning and execution of that plan.
Douglas Jopling, DDSDallas, Texas area

Before doing veneers you need to move your other teeth back into their normal position. This will create a space that will need to be restored with either an implant or a bridge. Veneers can be placed on the other teeth to give a more esthetic smile.

I still see some important function problems on your bite. You bite must be completely corrected before considering veneer, or the wrong contact point between upper and low teeth might break then. If the space of the missing tooth was completely closed with braces it doesn't matter, but if the space of that tooth is being kept you will probably need implant and crown.

Javier Galvá, DDS, MSc
Dominican Republic Dentist