Tummy tuck & BBL or just BBL? (Photo)

I had my daughter last year despite dieting and exercising I look like this. My butt pushed in and stomach pushed out so im not happy. Which procedure would you recommend and long would it take to recover? Also is it safe to have both procedures done at the same time? Thanks!

Tummy tuck

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. Based on your pictures you look to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.

You are a good candidate if:

in general you may be a good tummy tuck candidate if:

You are physically healthy and at a stable weight

You have realistic expectations

You are a non-smoker

You are bothered by the appearance of your abdomen

Tummy tuck surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.

I recommend to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the best options for your goals.

Tummy tuck and BBL candidate

Thank you for your question. You appear to be a good candidate for Tummy tuck, also know as abdominoplasty, a procedure to remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance.  We nearly always add liposuction to our tummy tucks to sculpt the body 360 degrees to achieve an ideal feminine figure. You can use the fat taken during liposuction for a BBL to gain a rounded posterior. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure. Recovery after a tummy tuck and a BBL takes about two weeks before patients can return to work and other activities. 

Tummy tuck & BBL or just BBL?

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Based on your photos, you have muscular diastasis, skin excess and stretch marks. I recommend you a Tummy tuck to get a flat abdomen, a lipoesculpture for your back and a BBL to mold your butt. But all this will depend of your medical evaluation. The most important thing is your life and health.

I hope my answer will help you to your question.

Before undergoing any surgical procedure, please seek a board certified plastic surgeon

Jairo Ulerio, MD

Best procedure for you, some advice:

Thanks for the question.

In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck-Butt lift

Thank you for your question and pictures.  I think that you would benefit from both.  I do them at the same time as long as the patient is healthy enough and always at the hospital surgery center.  Be sure to see a Board Certified PS for your consultation.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck & BBL or just BBL? (Photo)

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck.  A Brazilian Butt Lift  is a fat transfer to the buttocks and hips, using liposuction to remove fat from the The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost.  and given the most accurate quote.

Rami Ghurani, MD

BBL / TT

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. You can definitely benefit from both procedures. I recommend having them done separately to minimize risk and maximize your results. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy.

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and bbl

For what I see in your photos, you can have both procedures together if your health allows you that of course. I recommend you to have both together so you have just one recovery time and have in once your desire results. 

Regards

Francisco Rodriguez Rosario, MD

Tummy tuck and BBL

Thank you for the question. Combining procedures is commonly done, and both tummy tuck and BBL can be done together. The main factor is your underlying health for a safety consideration. 

The two procedures done together allows you to have more fat available from the abdomen / back to transfer to the butt. If you decide to do them separately, do the BBL first. If you do the tummy tuck first, you will lose the available abdomen fat which gets discarded. 

I advised patients to NOT do this surgery if you are planning on having MORE children. Each pregnancy will have more loose skin, more stretchmarks, and if you do this after the tummy tuck, may require additional surgery. 

Although difficult, I would suggest some more weight loss before having surgery. The tummy tuck involves tightening the abdominal muscles. This will not be as successful if your abdomen is still full. Weight loss involves losing fat from under the skin as well as in the intra abdominal region. This would allow the doctor to tighten your tummy more giving a flatter more contoured waistline. 

You should prepare for about 2-3 weeks off of work to recover, and about a month out of the gym. 

Cost: varies from doctor to doctor, and region to region. Our fees are 8k for the tummy tuck and an additional 4k for the BBL. If the BBL is done separately the normal fee is 6k for one area of liposuction. 

As always best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health concerns you have are being managed by your primary care physician.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

TT or BBL?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.