What is the best treatment for sagging around mouth? (photos)

I am 48 years old and just started noticing dimpling and sagging around my mouth. Would skin tightening procedures help or is filler a better option?

What Is The Best Treatment For Sagging Around Mouth?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Based on your photo, you appear to have minor age-related volume loss around your mouth, which can be easily corrected with a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Fillers for Sagging Around Mouth

Dear kristeta3:

Looking at your photo, I would suggest injecting a small amount of filler like Juvederm Volift in the area just underneath the corners of your mouth which will fill in the dimple and lift up the sagging.  Best wishes.

Correcting loss of volume around the mouth region

From the photograph you submitted, it is likely that filler would serve you best. You can place a small amount of filler around the labial commissures, corner of the lip areas to restore volume and upturn your smile.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Treatment

The changes shown in the photo exhibit the volumetric and gravitational effects of aging around the mouth.  I would recommend a filler such as Radiesse of Juvederm for volume replacement and lifting of the marionette lines/ corners of the mouth. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is the best treatment for sagging around mouth?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. What you are noticing is changes secondary to normal age-related loss of volume around the mouth. This area can be treated with hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane. I would go with filler, as it doesn't appear that you enough enough skin laxity to warrant a tightening procedure at this time. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Hi, from the photos these are minimal "Marionette" lines.  Skin tightening is certainly an option.  The folds don't appear to be that deep, so it wouldn't require much dermal filler to smoothen out the area.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  It appears that you have early soft tissue sagging at the corners of your mouth that can be improved with the placement of a dermal filler into the area.  Be sure to see an ASPS plastic surgeon to voice your concerns and have the best treatment recommended. 

Sagging around mouth treatment

I don't see much problem in the photo. However, the easiest solution is placement of filler in the area. If still not to your satisfaction, add a treatment with the Infini. Any of the fillers can be used: Lyft, Restylane, Sculptra, Bellafill, Juvederm. Sometimes improving the cheeks does lift the area around the mouth as well but the picture doesn't show the cheeks.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Dimpling and sagging around the mouth

Thank you for your picture! This is a common question, particularly as the aging process continues.  Often times, a combined approach is necessary - that being said, that is not always the rule.  In your case, it is not just about fixing the dimpling and sagging that you are starting to notice - but rather to ensure that while you help improve that area, you are not drawing away from the other features of your face.  Filler works great in these areas, and improvement in the texture/quality of the skin can be done with sublative lasers or microneedling.  Best of luck! I hope some of this helps.  

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Voluma is a phenomenal injectible for the cheeks, the improvement of which will have a positive affect on the your sagging around your mouth. Voluma can be performed in conjunction with other fillers that target the area around your mouth more directly. I suggest that you move forward by consulting in-person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon