Is Fraxel dual 1550 my best option to flatten the texture/color of my scar so it's nearly invisible to the naked eye? (Photo)

19 days ago I suffered a deep laceration on top of the bridge of my nose and received 5 stitches. Yesterday, I went to an advanced dermatology spa where I was given Dermatix Advanced Scar Gel and Blanche skin lightening cream for the discoloration. I was not impressed because I had already been applying OTC treatments such as Mederma and Silicone gel ever since the wound had closed. The MD felt it was too early to do Fraxel on the scar and to come back in 2 weeks.

Fraxel Laser for Scar Repair

Fraxel laser is the ideal laser for this type of scar.  I agree with the physician who examined you.  I always advise waiting approximately three months to see how the scar heals and decide on the best treatment.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of cosmetic experience with Fraxel.

When should a scar be treated with Fraxel

Scars are difficult to treat because they need to heal to a certain extent, and they need to be treated when they still have some color. So, we usually recommend waiting 3 months-ish to treat a scar with something like Fraxel. But Cutera Laser Genesis can be done sooner. But yes, I agree that Fraxel should not be done until 3 months has passed.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."