Is this swelling, or...? (Photos)

I am 7wpo extended tummy tuck Mr and lipo of flanks . I am not happy with the way things are looking , I feel I have skin left and a muffin top deformity . I am so upset by this and just don't even know what to do I know in early out but my waist is an inch bigger than pre op and I can't fit any of my clothes !

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 months post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Is this swelling, or...?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what may be taking place.  Most commonly this is residual swelling from surgery which will spontaneously resolve but it would be important to voice your concerns to your surgeon to ensure that other issues are not taking place - discrete fluid collection, muscle laxity, or residual adipose tissue.  That said it does appear that you may have some excess skin vertically along your abdomen but the excess skin in your pictures produced when you are pushing your sides in can only be addressed with a vertical scar.  I would recommend seeing your surgeon and reviewing the consultation notes as to the look you were trying to achieve.  They can provide you with the best reassurance on your your surgical outcome.  Best wishes.

Swelling after tummy tuck

Thank you for the question and for including pictures. You are still in the healing stages of your tummy tuck which can take several months for the swelling to go down and for you to fit back into your clothes. Once all the swelling your surgeon can address the extra skin to see if a revision may be the best option for you. I recommend you stay in close contact with your surgeon so they can be aware of your questions and concerns. Best of luck. 

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Concern

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry you are unhappy with the results of your surgery. I think it is best to return to your board certified plastic surgeon plastic surgeon for an in-person examination and discussion of your concerns. Good luck!