Sudden pain in right breast?

Im 3 weeks post breast aug under muscle and lift. recovery has been going pretty well. Very minimal Pain/discomfort". My right breast has been dropping a little slower than left but I'm not concerned. But this morning I noticed the right breast/implant to be in a little more pain (like dull muscle pain not sharp electric-like) and it feels a little tighter than it has been. Should I be concerned? I Especially feel the discomfort/pain when massaging/ pushing the implant up.

Doctor Answers 3

New pain

You will experience a variety of changing sensations for probably at least the first six months of healing. The goal is a trend of improvement. If your breast otherwise looks the same this can likely wait until your follow up. If there has been a new change in shape or size you should see your surgeon as soon as possible. As always, if concerns remain, contact your surgeon as they know your case best.

Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 79 reviews

Question about post operative pain after #breastaugmentation #plasticsurgery

Dear Wishfulwendy, Thank you for your excellent question. It can definitely be disconcerting to feel and experience post operative pain, however understand that some levels of pain are not completely uncommon.  Without the benefit of an in person exam I would strongly urge you to speak directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication.  I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.Kind regards,Brian S. Coan, MD, FACSCARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, I would recommend that you contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 82 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.