I'm scheduled April 20th for BBL and Tummy Tuck. How much weight do I need to lose before then? (Photo)

I'm wanting the best results from my BBL and Tummy Tuck that I plan on doing next year in Apri ( 6 months away). I have a weird shape with no curves now. I need to lose weight for better results, how much should I lose? And doi seem like a good candidate?

Ideal BBL Candidates

A Brazilian Butt Lift involves fat transfer to the buttock to improve the its size and shape. The final result is influenced by what shape the patient has to start with, the retraction of the skin after liposuction, the amount of fat grafted, and how much fat survives (50%-70%). 

The ideal BBL patient is at or near their ideal weight and is looking for shaping and a moderate augmentation of their buttock.

See the link below for more info.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical treatment and help estimated amount of fat that is available for transfer. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

BBL

I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. If your BMI is higher than that then I would recommend getting it down to at least 30. I also recommend that my patients remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results. Weight fluctuations before and after surgery can affect your results. It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

You have not given details of your height and weight and you would have to be seen in person. Ideally your BMI should be below 30 if possible to minimize risks.

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD