What do I need to do to get rid of hump and lift nose tip? (Photos)

I have a small nose. the only problem I have with my nose is my small bump and how it isn't curved up, its just straight down. I like the way my nose looks when I've held the tip up for a couple minutes . The first 2 pictures are my nose untouched, the next 2 are what my nose looks like when I've pushed the tip up for a couple minutes, and the last 2 are celebrity noses I find feminine, attractive and desirable. Also another plastic surgeon told me I had very flat cheeks and a prominent chin?

Cartilage grafts can refine your tip

Hi Bailey, I completely understand your concerns and they are very common. Your tip is poorly projected and wide. This appears that it could benefit from a small amount of cartilage removal and placement of cartilage grafts to increase your tip projection, narrow the tip, and create a natural, feminine angle to the tip. A bump can be rasped down, but it is very hard to see this bump on your photos. This surgery can all be done without making any external scars. It would be best to see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation to come up with a plan together for a nose that you find more suitable to your facial features.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear baileyg, A rhinoplasty will help refine your nose and address your current concerns. As well as reducing the dorsum and slightly rotating the tip you also need to have your nose narrowed to appear closer to your desired noses. See an expert in rhinoplasty and have imaging performed to show you the proposed changes and then you can make an informed decision. See some examples in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

What do I need to do to get rid of hump and lift nose tip?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Get Rid of Nasal Hump and Lift Tip

The nasal changes you want can be achieved with a rhinoplasty procedure. However, I suggest you also consider narrowing your entire nose which is a very positive feature of the noses on the models you provided.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty for hump reduction and tip elevation

I agree with your assessment in that you have a small dorsal hump or bump on the top portion of your nose. You also have what is referred to as tip ptosis and that is where the tip of your nose hangs down slightly. The ideal angle the nose makes with the face should be about 105 degrees for women and 95 degrees for men. This problem is easily corrected by either slightly reinforcing or lifting the columella also know as the column of your nose or by improving the angle the septum of your nose has with the tip area. Lastly, I think you have a little bit of excessive width to the tip of your nose that you might want to have addressed at the same time which is why you like the celebrity photographs. Finally, you have a minor amount of prominence to your chin but I would leave that alone since as we age it tends to recede slightly.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

I think that a rhinoplasty can soften your dorsal profile and narrow your nose. i would not recommend lifting the tip so high, because it looks to angulated. Best of  luck.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the pictures! In order to address your concerns, a rhinoplasty is what you want.  I couldn't agree more with some of the sentiments that have been expressed already - make sure it's someone who enjoys doing rhinoplasty, takes the time to understand what your goals are, and discusses how that fits in to the vision of YOUR particular face.  Improving definition and rotation along the nasal tip, narrowing the dorsum and nasal bridge to polish off the hump....these are all maneuvers that can be performed during your procedure.  During your consultation, when the discussion involves how the changes fit your face, discussing your chin and cheeks is of utmost importance as getting a 3 dimensional look at your face and how light falls on it is very important when deciding to how to maintain harmony.  I hope some of this helps! Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello

In looking at your photos you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty. With your particular nasal tip, rotation is certainly achievable to the degree you illustrate. I agree that you have a small hump. Removing this in a conservative fashion would allow your surgeon to refine your nose and thus give it a more elegant and natural appearance. 

I encourage you to seek out a rhinoplasty surgeon with good word of mouth and a large before/after library on his website. 

Best of luck.

Regards,

J. Phillip Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon