Is it possible to regain lost upper body strength with explant or revision? (photo)

4 years post op 371cc MPP submuscular, I've had ongoing muscle spasms and can no longer tolerate the loss of strength in my upper body. I went from being able to do pullups and walk on my hands to being unable to even do assisted pull ups or a handstand, and I'm unable to build strength in my upper body. Is this reparable or am I doomed to being weak forever?

Muscle strength and implants

Implants should not cause any significant weakness in muscle strength.  You should be checked our first by a neurologist.  Good luck.

Sub muscle spasm and pain

I too am sorry to hear about the muscle spasms and pain you are experiencing after sub muscular augmentation. After 30 years of practice, I will tell you that it is not an unusual complaint. 

If you would like to call the office, we will share the phone number of a patient from your home town of Jacksonville, whose similar experience was rapidly and significantly altered by removing the implants from under to over the muscle. She was not unique in my experience.

Thank you

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible to regain lost upper body strength with explant or revision?

I am sorry to hear about the loss of strength you have experienced. I hope, that you have undergone a thorough workup to evaluate the cause of loss of strength of your upper body (this is not something I have seen after having taken care of hundreds of athletic patients).   Again, please do not assume that  any neuromuscular changes are breast implant related. Best wishes.

With explantation and capsulectomies very possible to regain muscle strength but never a guarantee.