Question about orbital floor implant after orbital decompression?

I posted photos here of my hypoglobus that has occurred 15 years after an orbital decompression for Graves' disease. I took the advice and went to see an oculoplastic surgeon that is very reputable where I live. He wants to put an 8mm "plastic" floor to replace where my eye has bottomed out. I do suffer from headaches since it started sinking 3 yrs ago. However, I'm more nervous about this than I was my decompression. What should I expect long term from this kind of surgery? Recovery time?

To see the previous question, please click here.

Hypoglobus 15 years after eye decompression.

Sorry to hear about your problem. It seems you have thought good advice.The plastic material is often a silicon derivative. It has the advantage of not requiring harvesting therefore simplifying the operation. There are others options.Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon