Can my problems be fixed with just weight loss or do I need to go back for a revision? (Photos)

I had a BBL back in November of 2015. I was left with a lumpy belly, very wide hips and hardness and lumps in my butt. I am very insecure about my results as it's very noticeably unnatural in proportion. Can this be fixed with simple weight loss or will I need to go back under the knife?

Post operative results

Thank you for your question. I am sorry for your experience with your past surgery. When liposuction is performed if the surgeon is too aggressive when harvesting the fat what is left is unsightly irregularities. These will not improve with weightless. I would suggest trying entermology to help these areas but if not it will likely require fat transfer to fix those areas.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after BBL

If the lumps are in the areas of harvested fat, then perhaps revision lipo is possible. If you have areas of fat necrosis, then you might need direct excision.

Lumps and Bumps After Luposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)

It is difficult to see which issues are of concern to you as the "after" photo perspectives are not straight-on or close-up and clear. Having said that, weight loss is not the likely solution. You may need breaking up of the scar tissue and/or revision liposuction for the abdomen. You may need breaking up of the scar tissue/lumps and/or revision fat transfer for your buttocks. Only an in-person evaluation can give you the best and most personalized advice. You should share your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

The need for a revision

Weight-loss will simply change your overall size but will have no impact on what your concerns are.

Weight-loss will not change your fat distribution nor will it have any impact on lumpy outcomes or firm areas from your procedure.

I suggest you follow up with your plastic surgeon to discuss revision options.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Unhappy with BBL results

Unfortunately I think that to correct the contour irregularities and reshape your hips you will need repeat surgery. This will not likely resolve with weight loss alone. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Can my problems be fixed with just weight loss or do I need to go back for a revision?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... did you use your garment as you had to my dear? some situations can appear like skin fibrosis... I recommend you to get a revision surgery with a board certified plastic surgeon that can help you to get rid of your problem soon!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD