Is there anything positive you can tell me? I'm stressing so bad 4 weeks post op (Photo)

4 weeks post op major breast reduction left nipple looks great right nipple and areola looks awful dr won't give me any answers I'm using santyl cream 2-3 times a day and changing my dressing often am I gonna lose my whole areola and nipple my doctor is brushing it off like its nothing he isn't doing debriment or anything he just tells me to put cream and that's all I'm so worried what is my boob going to look like when it heals

Nipple loss after breast reduction.

This is an unfortunate occurrence that will ultimate resolve.  If all the deep tissues are healthy you will likely heal uneventfully.  Some debridement may be needed. At some point you should be switched over to an antibiotic cream.  Your surgeon should be more communicative and supportive.

Is there anything positive you can tell me? I'm stressing so bad 4 weeks post op

Than seek paid unperson second opinions and care from another boarded PS. I would accept you as a patient but there would be a fee incurred. Sorry your original surgeon has no feelings toward your issues. 

You’re still healing. Continue to follow your plastic surgeon’s instructions.

Although it can be distressing to see your nipples during this phase of the recovery period, remember that things get worse before they get better when it comes to plastic surgery. The healing process may feel like it’s taking a long time, but you’ll continue to see improvement in the coming weeks and months. It’s difficult to fully ascertain how you’re healing without seeing pre-op photos and knowing the specifics of your procedure, but there isn’t anything alarming to me based on your photos. Be patient, continue to attend follow-up appointments and follow your plastic surgeon’s instructions regarding post-op care.

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Areola / Nipple Loss after Breast Surgery

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry you have experienced a complication from your breast reduction.  It appears that you have some areolar skin necrosis.  Most of the time, these wounds will heal and scar in with the proper care.  After the scar has matured, scar revision can be done to improve the symmetry of your nipple areola complex.  It is unfortunate, but some times it happens.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon regularly to ensure your wound is progressing as expected.

Good Day,

Nicholas I. Jones, MD

Nicholas Jones, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Is there anything positive you can tell me after breast reduction complication?

I am sorry to hear about the complication you are experiencing.  The most positive thing I can tell you is this: our bodies are miraculous. You may be very pleasantly surprised once the open wounds heal plus/minus revisionary surgery to improve scars and reconstruct the nipple/areola complexes as needed.   Do your best to stay emotionally even keeled, continue dressing changes as instructed, and continue close/frequent follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.