Neck liposuction or chin or jaw implant? (Photos)

Hi I'm 18 and confused as what surgery would help give me a more defined jaw line and better profile. I not sure as to whether I should get a implant or liposuction.

Chin Implant- Microgenia

From your profile photos, it appears you have mild - moderate microgenia, which makes you a better candidate for Chin Implant. Since you are thin, there is no excess fat to lipo under your chin.

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

You need chin and jaw angle implants for a more defined jawline. Liposuction will not fix bony deficiencies.

Neck liposuction or chin or jaw implant?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery and do not require jaw augmentation or liposuction of the neck.

Hope this helps.

Possible Chin Augmentation Candidate

Dear gracelovexoxo, An actual profile photograph would be very beneficial to determine candidacy for chin augmentation. These photographs are at a slight angle which is hard to give an expert opinion on. From these limited photographs you may benefit from a small chin augmentation to add some slight projection to better balance your profile. Sub-mental liposuction would be determined during consultation. During consultation imaging can be performed to show you the changes chin augmentation would make and then yoiu can make an informed decision. See the link below for examples and imaging above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Chin Implant or Neck Liposuction

It is difficult without a true profile view bu it does appear that an implant will improve chin projection and jawline definition. These pictures do not suggest that neck liposuction would be beneficial.

Chin implant for jawline improvement

From the limited photographs, it appears that there is a  weak and recessive chin profile, for which a chin implant can improve. The chin implant will have to be custom carved according to the asymmetry that is present from the frontal profile. Chin implants are composed of Silastic,  and are manufactured in large variety of sizes and shapes and can be custom carved when necessary to meet patients unique anatomy. There does not appear to be any fat  in the neck, therefore neck liposuction is not required. For many examples of chin implants, please see the link and the video below

Chin over Lipo

I looked at your photos and in some views have one opinion and in others it changes.  Granted these are not true photos for evaluation and doesn't take the place of an in person consultation, I have several options.  I don't think you need a neck liposuction.  I think a chin augmentation will improve projection.  Another thing to consider is you have a long chin and what else you can consider is a genioplasty by shortening the chin and advancing it at the same time.  This more involved procedure needs a plastic surgeon with more craniotomy-maxilla-facial experience.  See several plastic surgeons before you make your decision.  Good luck.