Multiple procedures at once?

I have recently lost 125 pounds naturally through diet and excericise. I gained the weight from a combo of pregnancy then later post partum depression. Due my weight loss i have sagging skin. I would like a an arm lift breast lift without implants and thigh lift. Will these procedures be able to be performed all at once? I am 5'9 189 pounds. Thank you

Multiple procedures at once?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weightloss. Combination procedures are a great way to save on cost and reduce the need for multiple surgeries. You only have to pay one operating room and anesthesia fee which can make this a very cost effective approach. No matter what how low you're quoted SAFETY should be your primary concern. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands. The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. You might look into a practice where the surgeons work as a team to drastically reduce your surgical time and have less trauma. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Breast lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

Thank you for your question.Congratulations on your weight loss!  Yes, these procedures can be performed together assuming you are in overall good health and cleared for elective surgery by your primary care doctor. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

You may be able to combine these procedures into one surgery.

Hello, and thanks for your question. Combining procedures can be an effective way to achieve your various body contouring goals without requiring multiple recovery periods. A breast lift, arm lift, and thigh lift may be easily combined into one procedure, but it’s best to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss the best surgical plan for your individual needs. He or she may want to combine the breast lift and arm lift and leave the lower body lift for a separate procedure to ensure the best results.

Multiple procedures at once?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and congrats on your weight loss.The changes that suffers the body of her mother pregnant are a problem that affects to the majority of the population female of the world.

Unfortunately not has uploaded photos of his body, but a time make it evaluation in person with your surgeon plastic certified, may agree that, in my case, have made multiple times these procedures together, but this will depend on your state of health in general (levels of hemoglobin, background personal, etc). best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Multiple procedures at once

In my practice it is common for me to perform all of the procedures you mentioned at the same time. However, I use an assistant to save total operative time with the goal less than 6 hours of surgery (often far less than that) to minimize potential complications and for a speedier recovery.  The benefit is only one surgery, only one recovery (you heal from all procedures simultaneously) and that you can use the fat that would normally be discarded from the tummy tuck. Pros and cons of this decision should be part of your in depth consultation with your plastic surgeon including the increased risk of complications with long surgeries and how to prevent them. Your plastic surgeon will guide you into making the best decision in your individual case. The most important decision is picking the best plastic surgeon experienced in this technique. See link regarding finding the best surgeon for combined surgeries.

Multiple lift procedures after massive weight loss.

If you are in overall excellent health and at a reasonable BMI multiple procedures can be combined, however exceeding approximately six hours of anesthesia/surgery can increase the risks of DVT and pulmonary embolism.  I feel that it's often better to be safe than sorry so I'd suggest doing the two upper body procedures at once and delaying the thigh lift.  Also remember that the consequences of multi region surgeries become significant when your're trying to recover without disturbing the surgical areas during recovery.Best wishes, Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Multiple procedures for body contouring after massive weight loss

Most patients who undergo significant weight loss, end up with excess skin of multiple areas of the body.  Body contouring surgery is helpful to remove redundant skin and soft tissues to restore more natural and youthful contours.  Since multiple areas will often need attention, surgical sites are grouped together to safely maximize the benefits of each surgery, but minimize overall anesthesia times.  Typically, arm surgery can be combined with breast surgery as the chest and arms are rested during recovery.  Thigh surgery can often be combined with abdominal or buttock surgery, but should not be combined with significant upper body surgery to avoid postoperative recovery issues.A board certified Plastic Surgeon can help you develop an overall surgical strategy to safely achieve your goals. Good luck with your planned procedures!

Daniel M. Calloway, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures

Even though it may be possible to have all the procedures done at once, it may not be advisable. With long procedures, the risks rise. The surgeon's speed and the amount of lifting needed will determine what realistically can be done at the same time. Most would agree to the breasts and arms in one procedure. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Multiple surgeries

in general, it is best to limit length of surgery to under 6 hours.  The arm lift and breast lift together is fine, however a lateral thigh lift may add significant time.  A medial thigh lift is not as lengthy and can be added safely.  Best wishes Dr T

Multipel procedures

Congratulations on your weight loss.  Some procedures may be performed together. You would have to be evaluated in person . I treat many weight loss patients. Good luck.