Are these love handles or fluid? (photos)

I'm 10 days out will my results improve or is it likely I will need more lipo I look odd shape don't know what to think plus my right implant is still high should I wear a band to help it drop?

DrDerby

Thank you for your question and the photo. You are still very much in the first phase of the post op process. It is very normal to have swelling and fluids and even still bruising. Give it time and keep in lose contact with your surgeon. Best of luck 

Healing and Recovery after a Mommy Makeover

Your #healing will continue for 2-3 months for the early period. This includes some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation in the breasts may also be abnormal and scars will be evolve. Tingling, burning or shooting pains in the breasts will disappear with time and should not alarm you. It is simply a result of the regeneration of your sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage per your surgeon's permission may help.

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Mommy make-over...liposuction or fluid after 10 days

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Great question - you look as though you are healing fine.
  • You are very early in your healing and you are very swollen.
  • Let your surgeon know your concerns and give yourself a full 6 months to see your final result.
  • Implants take time to drop - ask your surgeon to be your guide about what to do.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Too early to say at 10 days...

Echoing what others have said here, 10 days is too early to say what your final shape on the sides will be. After a tummy tuck, I like to wait until 3-4 months after surgery to take my pictures as I feel the shape continues to improve as the swelling resolves. So I would just encourage patience at this point and doing the other things your surgeon advocates in the their postoperative regimen.

It appears that you have had a lift with your implants so I would not personally advocate using a band to help depress the implants. It may stress the mastopexy incisions and lead to a longer term too droopy result.

Of course, the best thing to do is ask your surgeon these questions as they will have the most appropriate information for your particular case.

Are these love handles or fluid?

Congratulations on having undergone the mommy makeover surgery; as you likely know, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed.  I would suggest that you address your questions regarding breast and abdominal wall concerns and aftercare directly with your plastic surgeon, who will be the best position to provide you with specific advice and/or  meaningful reassurance. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long-term.

Critiquing Surgery 10 Days Post Op

As you are only 10 days post surgery, it is far too early to give an assessment about results. The plastic surgeon you trusted with your body, I'm sure, will be more than happy to answer your questions! In fact, I bet s/he would be surprised/saddened that you didn't share your concerns with her/him versus asking other plastic surgeons who do not know your particular case nor have they examined you in person. As your plastic surgeon is the only one who knows the technique s/he used for your particular problem areas, it is best to direct your recovery questions to him/her. Follow your plastic surgeon's instructions for the best result. Best of luck!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Post op expectations

I appreciate your concerns about your swelling and appearance.  Unfortunately, it takes a while for swelling to resolve and the final shape to develop after a mommy makeover.  At 10 days after surgery, there is no way to tell if the fullness you see will remain or resolve.  You just have to wait.  Most of the time, that fullness does go away, but if it doesnt, it is easy to revise. 

Samuel Beran, MD